If you’ve noticed your car acting up lately, or it’s time for one of your regularly scheduled maintenance services, bring your car to Integrity Auto Repair in Eugene OR.
Do you hear strange sounds like knocking or grinding? Have you begun to notice fluids leaking underneath your car? Is it time for your inspection or tune-up? We can help if your car won’t start.
Let us help you figure out the problem
There are few things more frustrating than going out to your car, only to find that it won’t start. There are a number of things that could be causing this.
Perhaps the most common reason for cars not starting. If you turn your key but hear only a rapid clicking sound, it is likely that you have a dead battery and will need a jump.
Corroded Battery Terminals
If, when you turn the key, absolutely nothing happens, then pop the hood and take a look at your battery terminals. If they are covered in corrosion, there is a good chance that a thorough cleaning of the posts will get your car started back up again.
Car won’t turn over
If your engine cranks but won’t start, it could be one of two things. Either you need more fuel, or, if you have enough gas, then you might need service done on your fuel injectors or ignition system to get them working properly again.
Bring your car to Integrity Auto Repair in Eugene Oregon for diagnosis and we can figure out why it’s not starting!
Integrity Auto Repair has been providing quality auto repair and service for many years. We were established to provide honest, dependable auto service and repair at a fair price. We continue to make the investment in training and equipment to stay ahead of the rapidly changing industry. When it comes to car repair, we know the importance of fast, quality, well-priced auto repairs. We strive to offer you the best possible service when you come see us.
To safely jump start, follow these steps:
- Take out your jumper cables. It’s a good idea to buy a set of jumper cables and keep them in the trunk compartment. If you don’t have jumper cables, you’ll have to find a Good Samaritan who not only is willing to assist you but has jumper cables as well.
- Place both cars in Park or Neutral, with their ignitions shut off and their emergency brakes on.
- Connect the cables. The positive cable has red clips (+) at either end, and the negative cable has black clips (-). It’s important to attach them in the following proper order:
- First, attach one of the red clips to the positive terminal of your battery (it has “POS” or “+” on it.
- Attach the other red clip to the positive terminal of the Good Samaritan’s car.
- Attach one of the black clips to the negative terminal on the Good Samaritan’s battery.
- Attach the last black clip to an unpainted metal surface on your car that isn’t near the carburetor (if your car has one) or battery.
- Try to start your vehicle (Do not have the Good Samaritan’s car running. If your car has electrical issues it could damage their car as well). If it won’t start, make sure that the cables are properly connected. Then try to start your car again. If it still won’t start, your battery may be beyond help.
- Disconnect the cables, thank the Good Samaritan, and resume your life. Don’t shut off your engine; drive around for a while to recharge your battery.
NOTE: Improper Connection of Cables can damage either or both vehicles charging system.